Of course, the Lords of the Dump demand more tribute for certain things, like tires, mattresses, box springs, hide-a-beds, paint and chemicals, hardi-board, tar shingles, and drywall. Why drywall, you ask? Good question, and damned if we know! Also, wood with nails bigger than 6″ or rebar (landscaping railway ties) will cost extra. The one other exception is carpet…if you have a single throw rug it’s no big deal, but a load of carpet is seriously heavy, and we charge extra for that because of the weight and classification. Oh yes, and paint/chemicals have to go to a separate location, so we add that as well. You probably don’t have any of it, but now you know!
- Tires (no rims) $5 (on rims) $35 (this is what the dump actually charges, believe it or not!)
- Mattresses, box springs or hide-a-beds – $10 ea
- Drywall – $280/ton or about $5/sheet (big loads of 100% drywall will be charged dollar for dollar what the dump charges)
- Shingles – same as drywall
- Railway ties/landscaping wood with rebar or 6″+ nails – $2 ea
- Paint cans/buckets – $1 ea ($5 minimum)
We have two trucks, and not surprisingly they cost two different prices: a long-box pickup truck with high sides (4’X8’X4′) and a one-ton stake truck (7’X10’X5′).
- For the small truck in Greater Vernon and Coldstream the cost is $180 per load plus tax* including everything.
- For the large truck in Greater Vernon and Coldstream the cost is $320 per load plus tax* including everything.
That’s it. Except for the exceptions above, we don’t add dump fees, mileage and all the sneaky little fees that our evil competitors charge (they might not, but they might…you never know).
Be sure to read the asterisk at the bottom. That’s the fine print, and once you read it you won’t accuse us of being sneaky! At least we hope you won’t!
How much junk can we carry?
Keep in mind that Betsy is a pickup truck and Brute thinks it’s stronger than it really is, so it can’t be 350 square feet of lead bars or Betsy will break and we’ll be sad.
Where do we work?
In addition to the Greater Vernon and Coldstream areas, we’ll go anywhere within 50 kilometres of Vernon, including Lumby, Armstrong, Westside, and Ottawa. Ok, not Ottawa, but we’re geographically challenged so you might talk us into anything. However, Betsy is thirsty and Big Brute swallows gas stations whole, plus it takes more time, so we’ll have to charge extra for trips outside of the Greater Vernon area. Except for Ottawa, which may cost a bit more, depending on headwinds.
* Premised on us being able to back the truck up to the load. If the load is made up of tiny pieces or has to be hauled from another location (like inside the house, across a field, or *shudder* from the basement), and as a result takes more than half an hour to load, we charge $50 per person per hour, with a one-hour minimum. We rarely add that on except in the cases of cleanups or giant messes, but it’s a great incentive for you to localize and package the load in a location we can back up to…which is really what we hope you’ll do Oh, and if you sort it out according to wood, metals, junk, we’ll give you a virtual hug…unless we’re really dirty or COVID is still around, in which case we’ll wave vigorously.